Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Property Grid
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Signal to CXTPPropertyGrid to end editing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLewanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Signal to CXTPPropertyGrid to end editing
    Posted: 10 September 2008 at 5:51pm
I am using a CXTPPropertyGrid in conjunction with a CTreeCtrl to display properties about items in the tree.  A few of the grid items use a combo (drop-down) box along with an editable field.  If the user edits the field, but clicks on another node in the tree without hitting enter, the data is not saved for the previous node unless the user presses Enter (presumably to signal that the value has changed).  I would like programmatically send the same signal on the tree selection, to avoid requiring the user to click enter before navigating to another node in the tree.  Is this possible?  If so, please let me know.

Thanks in advance, as I have been struggling with this for days!
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2008 at 2:24am
Hi,
How do you catch value changin event ? don't you recevie this event if you select tree ?
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
DLewanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLewanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2008 at 8:43am
I have registered a callback for the XTPWM_PROPERTYGRID_NOTIFY message that I catch the XTP_PGN_ITEMVALUE_CHANGED event.  In the case of an editable combo box item, however, I don't believe the XTP_PGN_ITEMVALUE_CHANGED event occurs if editing the combo box edit field when the property grid loses focus.  Am I missing something?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic