Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Floating pane sometimes behaves like modal window
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Floating pane sometimes behaves like modal window

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tRainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Floating pane sometimes behaves like modal window
    Posted: 08 September 2008 at 2:32pm
I have a couple of docking panels in my application window, each of the panels contains several docked panes. When one of the docked panes is moved to be a floating window, it sometimes behave like a modal window because every mouse click ends up in the SetFocus method of the CXTPDockingPaneMiniWnd class (if not override), which is the container class of a floating pane.

Anybody has a solution or any insights on this problem?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2008 at 3:18pm
Hello,

Have to be something in your code. Attach sample application that can reproduce problem and I will help you fix it.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
tRainbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tRainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2008 at 1:49pm
I modified the PaneSample in the XTreme Toolkit Pro for Visual Studio 2003 to reproduce the problem. Can you give me your email address so that I can send the compressed example to you, or let me know how to upload the sample project to the forum.

Thanks.
tRainbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tRainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2008 at 5:31pm
Hi, Oleg and others:

I uploaded the sample project that I modified to reproduce the modal behavior problem with a floating pane.

The original sample project is the Smaples/DockingPane/PaneSample project, which came with the Xtreme ToolkitPro V11.1.3 for Visual Studio 2003 that I downloaded.

The modification that I did is to create a CDataViewPane that contains a CHtmlDataView (derived from CHtmlView and displaying the CodeJock support webpage), then attach the instance of the CDataViewPane to Pane 5 in the original example.

Steps to reproduce the modal behavior are:
1. Launch the application. Please ignore the html/javascript error when the html is loaded into pane 5.
2. VScorll the html content in pane 4 while it is in docking position..
3. Move pane 5 to floating position, and VScroll its html content again.
The modal behavior should appear by now. Observe it by mouse clicking any where in the application but outside Pane 5. If the modal behavior doesn't show yet, repeat steps 2 & 3.

VScroll is the key action that causes the modal problem to happen.

Thanks ahead for any help.

The uploaded source is:
uploads/temp/20080911_121249_PaneSample.zip
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic