Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Change tabbed panes caption

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Change tabbed panes caption
    Posted: 03 September 2004 at 3:57am

Hi, I'm changing a pane's title when it's window is created in the XTP_DPN_SHOWWINDOW handler to reflect some specific window info using the CXTPDockingPane::SetTitle() method, this works ok but if the pane is docked with other panes in a CXTPDockingPaneTabbedContainer the tab's caption doesn't change to reflect this.  If I select another tab then click back on the original the caption changes to match the title.  How can I force the tab's caption to update when I change the panes title?

Thanks, Brian

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 6:39am
Maybe you can try the RedrawPane or RedrawPanes method.
brianh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 8:24am

I have tried calling the RedrawPane method on the pane itself and the RedrawPanes method on the pane manager but neither worked.  I have now tried calling GetContainer on the pane to get the CXTPDockingPaneTabbedContainer and then calling RedrawPane for this - this doesn't work when called just afer attaching the window to the pane in the XTP_DPN_SHOWWINDOW handler but does work later when called to update the pane after changing data in the window.

Actually I've just done some more testing and it's the RedrawPanes method that half works, the CXTPDockingPaneTabbedContainer::RedrawPane method doesn't help.

So I'm still looking for a solution  

Thanks

Edited by brianh
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2004 at 3:17am
Hmm it worked for me. Do you have last version of Docking Panes? 
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
brianh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2004 at 3:45am

I have just double checked - calling RedrawPanes after changing the pane title does not redraw the tab when called just after attaching the view to the pane in the XTP_DPN_SHOWWINDOW handler, but does redraw it when called later after updating the title to reflect changes in the view data - the data change involves displaying a dialog so not sure if this makes the difference.  I have noticed also that clicking on the tab causes it to redraw correctly. I am using Xtreme Toolkit Pro version 9.00. Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic