Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commandbar in Mdichild

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Commandbar in Mdichild
    Posted: 31 August 2004 at 4:37am

Hello everybody I'm new in this post, hope u can help me :-)

I use the Commandbar ActiveX v9.10 with vb6 and i get this problem:

I use the commandbar in a MdiChild but it doesn't work if i press the ALT+(Key).It works fine in a MdiContainer, but in MdiChild unfortunately no.Is possible to get the same behavior in child forms?

thanks to everyone.

Corrado

Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 10:15am

Unless something has changed in the latest release that I'm unaware of, this is a known issue with using multiple instances of the CommandBars object.  The parent CommandBars object will interpret ALL shortcut keys.  Even if the parent CommandBars object doesn't have an accelerator defined for the specified keystroke, the CommandBars object on the child window never receives notification of the keypress.

One workaround is to create an accelerator key in the Parent object that, when executed, will seek out the active MDI Child and route the command to it instead.  The process, however, doesn't work well if you allow the user to customize keystrokes in the CommandBars object on the MDI Child because Codejock doesn't expose any method to know which accelerators have been assigned.

cory View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 10:40am

Thank u for help!

I'm thinking about writing some code in the keydown event of the child forms as a temporary solution. I hope in the future something will change...otherwise i call my function :-)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic