Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Office2007 Theme and MDI Child Windows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyWilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Office2007 Theme and MDI Child Windows
    Posted: 03 June 2008 at 12:37pm
Hi,

I've currently experiencing a problem with with the Calendar control when using the Office2007 theme. (v11.2.0)

Basically, my app has a Main Frame and a child procedure (window) that displays the calendar etc.  If I call the window on the same Thread as the Main App Frame the Theme is applied correctly.  If I call the exact same child procedure, but initiate a new Thread when calling it, the Theme is ignored.

Has anybody got any ideas?

My development environment is a language called Clarion (v6.3).

Regards,

Andy Wilton

sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 6:04pm
Hi Andy,

Calendar control doesn't really support working in multithread environment. It heavily depends on a flow of Win32 messages sent and received (draw messages, buttons and mouse notifications, etc). So far, I'd recommend you to run Calendar procedures in synchronized mode.

In Clarion as far as I can see, the most proper way would be to use POST/EVENT functions for thread synchronization. If you'd like to update a Calendar's window from another thread, use POST method there; in the meantime catch this EVENT in Main thread, and call Calendar's refresh method, or theme change, or any other operation. I suppose this trick will make it working.

--
WBR,
Serge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic