Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Maximize Floating Pane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jemery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maximize Floating Pane
    Posted: 28 May 2008 at 10:01pm
I notice there's another thread on maximizing a pane, though it seems to be talking about maximizing within the context of an SDI parent window.

It would be nice, and probably quite compatible, to allow the maximize button to show when a single pane is floating.  I've found that my users like to float windows from our app onto a secondary monitor and have expressed an interest to be able to click maximize on those to fill the other monitor with that single window.

The existing maximize button only shows up when panes are in a cascading array, I've noticed, and allow you to maximize within that region.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 12:11am
Hi,

If you would dock the pane to the right and set minimum size of pane it would be resized:
  1. You have to know the screen width and height of second monitor
  2. You have to have some kind of trigger when to do this, as it is now you don't have that. Maybe you could use the "pin" button to do this and you have the Action event where you set the size and dock the pane.
You could have a menu item where you have a "favorites" maximize pane and dock all these panes to the right, now your maximize button does show and allows you to maximize the pane to full screen. Well, good luck  

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
jemery View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jemery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 8:51pm
Yeah, I was thinking that might be possible once I discovered you can add a drop-down menu, but the inherent usability problems (having two 'maximize' options) pretty much eliminate that from the running.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 10:42am
Hi,

It is possible to hide the maximize button in pane caption, if you want to.

DockingPane.Options.ShowCaptionMaximizeButton = False
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic