Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trigger a Menu dropdown ...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smboats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trigger a Menu dropdown ...
    Posted: 19 May 2008 at 12:33am
Is there a simple way to trigger (from within code) a main menu topic list to drop down (for examples the Files menu/popup)?

Thanks, -Ted 
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 1:07am
Hi,

yes. you need Control.Execute method for Popup Control.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
smboats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smboats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 7:41am
Thanks, Oleg.  I thought that might be it, but I seem to have a terrible time getting the syntax right. Could you give me an example of how it would look inside a procedure for the form ... assuming I just want to drop down the a standard "File" set of items (let's say I just have a button on the MDI sample and clicking it should drop down the menu).

Many thanks.

In general, as a newbie, I don't have any problem setting up the Command Bar stuff, but I do have a lot of difficulty modifying it, getting it to respond, or polling it's properties from other procedures or modules. I am not getting the idea of the syntax right -- or I am not defining something correctly. I feel like I have gone through all the examples and they do a good job of showing how to get controls laid out and their appearance set. But they don't seem to have examples of using, modifying, checking, controls etc ... once you are out of the process of just "adding" them in. Can you point me to a good example of these kinds of things.

Thanks, -Ted
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 7:56am
Hi,

You want to dropdown a popupmenu item without having to click the menu item, correct ? I don't know your intention why you want to do that but try this:

CommandBars.FindControl(, ID_FILE).Execute

Where ID_FILE is the ID of the PopupMenuItem and will dropdown the menu item
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic