Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Integrating into an existing application

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Integrating into an existing application
    Posted: 18 July 2003 at 11:41am

Hi All,

I have spend a couple of days now trying to implement XTP command bars into an existing application (+400k lines), and have run into a number of problems.

1) Ho do I derive a toolbar from CXTPToolBar?

I cannot find a way to get around using the toolbar factory method:

CXTPToolBar* mybar = (CXTPToolBar*)GetCommandBars()->Add(...);

I need to be able to have toolbars derived from CXTPToolBar, and just do something like mybar.Create(..)

2) How do I get the min/max/close buttons to show up in the menu bar when my MDI wins are maximized. Im not using doc/view arch.

3) Whenever I try to create a toolbar from insided an MFC ext. dll, XTP crashes inside

CXTPPaintManager::DrawControl

The knowdlege base mention something about not linking with XTP inside MFC ext dll's, which makes no sense to me.

4) Although the code seems very solid, the design is so different fom MFC, that it makes is difficult to integrate into existing apps. Like memupopup messages getting route differently, and the fact that popup menues are not autmatically substituted. I had to work around a number of issues because I don't use LoadMenu/LoadToolbar, but create everything dynamically at runtime.

Am I missing the big picture?

-Tom

daniel001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daniel001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2003 at 2:31am

Have you got your answer? 'Cause my question is the same

kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2003 at 3:11pm

Hello,

Take a look at this turtorial, this should help point you in the right direction:
http://www.codejock.com/support/KB_PRO/002000.asp

Cheers,
Codejock Software

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic