Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[QUESTION] How can I...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [QUESTION] How can I...
    Posted: 08 April 2008 at 9:19am
Hi,

I have a few questions regarding the ReportControl. I'm really new with it so any help would be appreciated. I listed all questions here otherwise I had to do 6 posts. It will be easier this way. The first 2 are sorting related and the other 4 are visual issues. Maybe the approach of sorting is totally wrong so any advice in this will be received with . Most controls have problems with sorting numbers and as I see it this is another one. Hopefully I'm wrong

First, I want to use the ReportControl for selecting files from a directory. The contents of the directory will be shown to the user. Now I want to sort the files on year and month, The year is not the problem because the string will be always 4 chars. But....

1:

The month however is going to be a problem: Jan(uari), Feb(ruari), Mar(ch) and so on, if sorting this you won't get a nice view. I would like a decent order. I have named the months as a 2 digit string 01,02,03 and so on and this will be sorted as it should. Now, is it possible to have the name of the month as group caption and still have a proper sort? 

2:

The same as in 1. In order to have a proper sort I had to adjust the filename. Actual filename is 1-1-2007.txt (01-01-2007)

3:

Is it possible to have skinned Tree Expand/Collapse buttons?

4:

Is it possible to have skinned checkboxes?

5:

Is it possible to have skinned buttons for the GroupBox buttons? Not the Office2007 style. I want to use my own button style. I know CodeJock does the same with the OfficeStyle so it should be possible.

6:

Is it possible to have skinned buttons for the FieldChooser?

Any advice,answers or solutions here? If you know just 1 out of six just let me know.

Thank you very much in advance.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 7:59am
Hi,

I did manage to upload an image:

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 12:35pm
Hi,
Afraid its too late for all these features in 12.0 release. Send to support@codejock.com as featurelist for 12.1.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
nighthawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nighthawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 2:29pm
For your sorting, there are properties called SortPriority and GroupPriority which allow you to assign a number value to each row and the number (not the value or caption) will determine the sort.  Just convert the date to an integer value and store it in the priority field.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 6:52am
Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply.

It's unbelievable, with just one line of code I have the sort I want. But...

The SortPriority is clear to me. The value assigned to it will sort the rows from 0 to ...... whatever value. I don't see what the GroupPriority does exactly. 

In a loop the values of year, month and day are assigned to SortPriority, right? Clicking a column header will sort the rows as I wish. Now, I also want to sort the columns by dragging the columns to the GroupboxHeader and still have the sorting I want by clicking the field (see 5 in the image above).

Will GroupPriority take care of this?

nighthawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nighthawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 6:26pm
GroupPriority should take care of your issue number 1.  Just do something like:

Set Item = Record.AddItem("January")
Item.GroupCaption = "January"
Item.GroupPriority = 1

Set Item = Record.AddItem("February")
Item.GroupCaption = "February"
Item.GroupPriority = 2

This will cause the individual month groupings to sort based on the GroupPriority value.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2008 at 1:09am
Hi,

Thanks for the reply

I allready have sorting in all columns. And I didn't use GroupPriority at all, only SortPriority in all items.

What extra sorting functionality would add GroupPriority?

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2008 at 1:32pm
Hi,

I wish there would be someone who has an answer with the last issue.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2008 at 2:41pm
Hi,
Sometimes you need set Captions for Groups and Group Priority.
For example to groop to "Today, "Yestarday, Last Week"
Oleg, Support Team
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2008 at 2:42pm
ps. You have Januari instead of January in screenshot :0)
Oleg, Support Team
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2008 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by oleg oleg wrote:

Hi,
Sometimes you need set Captions for Groups and Group Priority.
For example to groop to "Today, "Yestarday, Last Week"

hahaha, yes I see. it's my Dutch array of months. But look at your sentence

Its Group and not groop
Its Yesterday and not Yestarday

I don't get it yet. Do you have an example?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2008 at 1:45am

Just try to set groups's captions to "Today", "Yesterday" and "Last week"  you will see that "Last week" appear before "Today". to change this order you need GroupPriority.

Oleg, Support Team
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 7:28am
Hi,

I see, but in my case it wasn't necessary to do so, I had my SortPriority set to a value (in my case month: 0,1,2,3,4 etc...) and it sorts nicely

Thanks

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2010 at 10:11am
Originally posted by oleg oleg wrote:

Hi,
Afraid its too late for all these features in 12.0 release. Send to support@codejock.com as featurelist for 12.1.

Hi,

Just doing another attempt do get the skinning of Groupbuttons, Expand/Collapse signs and Inplacebuttons into the ReportControl. Would be a nice feature though

Thanks a lot in advance

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic