Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

commandbars v9.81 prob with Win98

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oatleyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: commandbars v9.81 prob with Win98
    Posted: 27 February 2006 at 4:16am

anyone had any problems with v9.81 of the commandbars ocx with Windows 98?

v9.81 is ok when running my app from the VB IDE, but when I run the exectuable the PC completely locks up, not even ctrl-alt-del does anything.  v9.7 works just fine.

Is it a problem with the v9.81 ocx, or is there something extra I need to do to make it work in the executable, but not in the IDE?

Nick. 

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2006 at 3:07pm
I just tried 9.81 on Win 98 SE and it works ok both in IDE and exe.  I tried the CommandBars MDI sample.  Maybe you can give more details?
oatleyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oatleyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2006 at 5:34pm

no time today.  Had another problem with one of my forms giving BSOD in VB IDE which has taken me until 11:30pm to figure out (had to replace it with an old version).  Now I've got to put back all the new code in there, and see if it is ok.  Then run some performance checks on the exe.  I'm getting well behind schedule now :(

After that, I can get back to re-installing v9.81 of commandbars and see what more I can figure out.

Nick.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2006 at 8:03am
Yes,  in 9.81 was problem with icons saved in xcb files :( Please open the issue and I will attach fixed ocx.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
aburg1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aburg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 11:08am

I'm having the same problem with my evaluation version. Would be happy to buy but need to have it working urgently on w98. Please can I have the fixed ocx?!!

Alan

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 11:19am
You can download the latest beta which includes this fix.

beta.codejock.com
aburg1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aburg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 10:34am

still having problems. have just purchased and installed full version and am finding that win98 is hanging loading toolbars. did try downloading and installing beta2 yesterday and it seemed to work ok but now i have installed full version seems to be messed up again. the beta2 version of the designer studio is showing no data in the commandbars>settings dialog (totally blank) wheras there is info shown in the full 9.81 version. files saved with the beta2 don't load but don't hang in win98 where the 9.81 files do hang. is this a problem with the actual designer studio or one of the ocx's. have tried uninstalling all versions and re-installing 9.81 and then the beta2 but still no luck. am going round in circles, please help.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2006 at 10:55am
The problem is with version 9.81.  It is fixed in Beta 2.  You will have to wait until the first week of April for the full version.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic