Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FindControl only finds first instance?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iandavo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FindControl only finds first instance?
    Posted: 04 February 2013 at 4:41pm
<Edit 14/2>
Never mind, Seeing as how nobody replied with a suggestion I hunted around further & eventually found the article innocuously titled "Using CommandBar Actions" here: http://codejock.com/support/articles/com/commandbars/cb_26.asp. How I wish the help file was as clear as this article... and how I wish I'd found it before I spent hours trying to figure it all out from the sample projects AngryWithin 3 minutes of reading this article I had it all working great.
</Edit 14/2>

I'm just learning how to use CommandBars in an application. I have implemented a Visual Theme menu button and a toolbar split button popup in a similar way to that done in a couple of the tutorials, but I've centralised the code to place a check mark against the current theme. When using the FindControl method to find the correct item to check I'm finding that it only returns one instance of the control, so only the item in the popup list from the toolbar is checked. I've tried to iteratively call FindControl but can't get that to work (what I'd really like is a FindNextControl method!). I'm now thinking I'll have to use different ID's for the 2 controls, but I don't like that idea because it's then less generic or portable to another application. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks & regards

Ian

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic