Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mouse events for CommandBar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAgree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mouse events for CommandBar
    Posted: 22 July 2004 at 11:46pm
How can I get mouse events for a CommandBars object?

Currently I have a Sheridan toolbar which responds to standard VB events such as MouseUp, MouseDown, MouseMove, etc. and need these events in CodeJock CommandBars. The reason is users can right-click a toolbar icon which displays a popup menu specific for that icon. The popup menu has many options specific to the application I am creating, such as security permissions for the icon.

So, how can I display my own popup menu when a user right clicks on a CodeJock toolbar icon?

Thanks.
leojay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leojay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 8:35pm

I wonder how to handle these mouse events too.

I set the mouse pointer of main form to 9:
Me.MousePointer = 9

and i want to set the mouse pointer back to default pointer when the user moved the mouse out of the main form.

Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 9:13pm

The 'ControlSelected' event is fired when you move the mouse over a control, and the 'ControlSelected' event is fired again when you move off the control (with a null value passed for the selected control).

There is no standard way to detect right mouse clicks.  Not sure if there are any hacks to get around it.

leojay View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leojay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 9:57pm

I found a temporary solution to my problem. 

Dim ptMouse As POINTAPI
    Dim rt As RECT
    rt = GetCommandBarRect

If GetCapture <> Me.hwnd Then
        ptMouse = GetCursor
        If Not (ptMouse.X < rt.Right And ptMouse.X > rt.Left And ptMouse.Y < rt.Bottom And ptMouse.Y > rt.Top) And Me.MousePointer = 9 Then
             Me.MousePointer = 0
        End If
    End If

the GetCursor() and GetCommandBarRect() are my functions to get mouse cursor's position and CommandBar's client area, respectively.

I hope it will be useful to you.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic