Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outlook Shared Calendar?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinTeefy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outlook Shared Calendar?
    Posted: 16 February 2010 at 3:17am
Hi,

I'm a freelance developer and currently have no need for exchange.

Rather I use POP3 to access gmail so I have a question on shared calendar access?

I've tested the control against various databases & outlook appointment/events and it's great on my laptop standalone so I have a question about the capabilities of inherent MAPI access in a proper office environment.

If i had exchange installed on my server would i be able to also see other user's appointments if their calendars were all shared or does it only show the current user's calendar?

If I can see the other events what are the Ids (Schedule-Id) of the other users? -  their network a/c id?

Any help appreciated.
Martin

zlatan24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlatan24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2010 at 5:28pm

Couple days ago I converted my emails to other format. Today I have been opened my MS Outlook and was upset,because of all my data was crashed. Some time I didn't know what to do next. But luckily I entered the Google and found there an interesting soft forum,I observed there - outlook pst conversion. This tool was amazed me. It resolved my trouble for a minute and absolutely free as I kept in mind. Moreover the software showed me how it retrieves either separate files with *.vcf, *.txt and *.eml extensions or converts them into a file of PST format.

Auge_Ohr View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auge_Ohr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 9:27am
Originally posted by MartinTeefy MartinTeefy wrote:

If i had exchange installed on my server would i be able to also see other user's appointments if their calendars were all shared or does it only show the current user's calendar?
it depends how your Exchange Server (which Version) is configure.
when using Outlook MAPI to access older Version of Exhange you did not get it "direct" ... you just get a "Copy"

Server 2008 SBS now include (limited) Exchange Version. using "extend MAPI" (RPC over HTTP) you can access shared Folder "direct".

Codejock Calender can use build-in "simple MAPI" to access Outlook Calender not Exchange
greetings by OHR
Jimmy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic