Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CXTPRibbonControlSystemRecentFileList

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CXTPRibbonControlSystemRecentFileList
    Posted: 21 April 2010 at 12:45pm
With the new version 13.3.1 i can create a very nice CXTPRibbonControlSystemRecentFileList
But i can't save/restore the RecentFileList with SaveStateToString/LoadStateFromString.

In your Documentation you provide the Save/LoadCommandbars, but this access the Registry and i want to store this in a file.

Please add the Save/Restore also to th SaveStateToString/LoadStateFromString methods.

On the other hand, you can provide a pinned-property for each item in the list, so i can save/restore it by myselve.
JantjeKeizer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JantjeKeizer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 5:26am
The recentfilelist is quite limited in terms of functionality. You have no control over it.
For that reason I switched to CXTPRibbonControlSystemPopupBarListCaption
Just create a 'CXTPRibbonControlSystemPopupBarListCaption' using the CreateCommandBarControl function and then fill that with
'CXTPRibbonControlSystemPopupBarListItem's created with that same function.
It allows you to get the exact same looks as the recent file list, except for the pins.
Then set its BeginGroup to true, or else it will look ugly.
Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2010 at 6:00am
Thanks, but this i already use with a ListBox.
I hoped to use the pins-style. I think i must emulate this with a reportcontrol and use pin-icons by myself.
CapoPezzio View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapoPezzio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by JantjeKeizer JantjeKeizer wrote:

The recentfilelist is quite limited in terms of functionality. You have no control over it.
For that reason I switched to CXTPRibbonControlSystemPopupBarListCaption
Just create a 'CXTPRibbonControlSystemPopupBarListCaption' using the CreateCommandBarControl function and then fill that with
'CXTPRibbonControlSystemPopupBarListItem's created with that same function.
It allows you to get the exact same looks as the recent file list, except for the pins.
Then set its BeginGroup to true, or else it will look ugly.

I did this, and it looks really nice, but I get no Execute-event from the CommandBar when I hit one of the CXTPRibbonControlSystemPopupBarListItems in the list i created. Any idea?
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.3.1
Platform: Windows 7 (32bit)
Language: Visual Basic 6.0
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 8:46am
you should see XTP_ID_FILE_MRU ID in execute event
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic