Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HELP Please!! CommandBarTabworkspace Icon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP Please!! CommandBarTabworkspace Icon
    Posted: 28 February 2009 at 3:05pm
Hi,

Could somebody please tell me how to set the icon of a Tab in Tabworkspace of the CommandBar at run time. Please note I know that ShowIcons shows the Form Icon. I need to assign the Icons from CommandBars.Icons to the appropriate tab particularly as some forms have multiple uses. The help file states that if I use TabControlItem I should be able to set 'Image' of an Item.

e.g.
Set/Get the image that will be displayed in the tab when the ShowIcons property is set to True.  This is the index of an image within an imagelist.

There is no way I can find to link an imagelist to the TabWorkspace. I think it should pickup the Icons from the CommandBar but it aint workin

I simply cannot make this work. I can load an icon from disk at runtime but that is overkill as I have used the Designer to create everything already I would be loading up the users HDD with extras that are not needed. gettin really annoyed can you tell Lol!!!!

Boris

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.4.0 16.3.1

Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

VS 2005-2008-2010-2013
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2009 at 12:33am

Hi,

You can only change child form.icon property :(
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Boris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2009 at 4:00am
Hi Oleg,

Thanks for the reply. I think that this would be a very worthwhile addition to its functionality. i.e. produce a real icon that is compatible with the Form. Without it it really makes little sense to use the Designer. The Designer does a fantastic job of packaging everything together in one place. But to have to ship all the icons again just to add them to the tab when its in the commandbar already is just plain daft. Do you agree that this functionailty should be added?

Best regards

Boris

VS 2005-2008-2010-2013
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2009 at 5:45am

Hi,

Anyway you can't draw our icon in topleft part of MDI Child frames. So to make it same as TabWorkspace you will need set Icon property.
Oleg, Support Team
Boris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2009 at 6:00am
Hi Oleg,

If you provide a method to extract an Icon as a real Icon that would be nice.

Then instead of:
Set Icon =MDIForm1.Commandbars.Icons.GetImage(ID_THEICON, 16) or CreatePicture(xtpNormal) which produces a balck background

you could use
Set Icon = MDIForm1.Commandbars.Icons.ExtractIcon(ID_THEICON, 16) which would create a real icon on the fly from the Form1.xcb

It would just save having to distribute more graphics than needed. At the moment I provide the Designer *fxcb and also all the icons as an external source too. If you can do this it would be so brilliant my distro would be far smaller! Some icons are huge yet the xcb file seems to handle these icons in such a way that the file is far smaller than the total size of all the icons.

Regards,

Boris

VS 2005-2008-2010-2013
ijwelch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ijwelch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2009 at 8:14am
Oleg, you agreed to make TabWorkspace tabs allow Markup some months ago. Is this not possible?
ExtremeSuitePro 12.1.1
WinXP SP3
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2009 at 12:48am
Hi,

Yes, with Markup its possible, but don't think its way for Boris :-(
Oleg, Support Team
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic