Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TabControl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TabControl
    Posted: 03 November 2008 at 3:57am
Hi,

I am using VB.net nowadays and what worked fine in VB6 doesn't always work in .net. In particular I am having trouble getting the Tab Control to work. I cannot add individual controls at run time. I cannot add a TabPage at design time in particluar and cannot get this to appear transparent when adding it at runtime. I cannot add controls to the TabPage Control at run time. Am I doing something wrong.

This is causing me a major headache. Anyone got any ideas

Regards

Boris

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.4.0 16.3.1

Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

VS 2005-2008-2010-2013
Boris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Boris Boris wrote:

Hi,

I am using VB.net nowadays and what worked fine in VB6 doesn't always work in .net. In particular I am having trouble getting the Tab Control to work. I cannot add individual controls at run time. I cannot add a TabPage at design time in particluar and cannot get this to appear transparent when adding it at runtime. I cannot add controls to the TabPage Control at run time. Am I doing something wrong.

This is causing me a major headache. Anyone got any ideas

Regards

Anybody, anybody at all? Huh ??
Boris

VS 2005-2008-2010-2013
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 11:11pm
Hi,
do you try to build VB.NET sample:
\Samples\ActiveX\Common\VB.NET\TabManager ?
I build it and looks it work properly - so you have a good pattern to follow. I also checked similar sample in VB:
\Samples\ActiveX\Common\VB\TabManager
Boris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2009 at 9:32am
Hi,

That is not the same control. The control you refer to is TabManager wheras I am using the TabControl and its sibling TabControlPage. It seems odd that CJ don't include a .Net sample of the these two controls... Oleg can you shed any light on this please?

Also Oleg, I am finding it quite difficult to use Xtreme Suite in the .Net environment. Are you doing any updates to ease the transition from VB6 to .Net?

Regards,
Boris

VS 2005-2008-2010-2013
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 6:25am
Hi,

TabControlPage can't work with .NET :(    Just check how VB.NET\TabManager sample works - it use TabControl + separate pages.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Boris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 8:24am
Hi Oleg,

I have checked out your sample again. The in VB.net the pages are not transparent. I cannot see through to the Tabcontrol and cannot see the Office 2007 color scheme.

On the TabControl Tab I cannot make the property page even resemble Office 2007. I have also tried this in VB6 and cannot make that work either i.e the individual pages still have the buttonface coloring. I have downloaded the sample application from http://www.codejock.com/downloads/samples/toolkitpro.asp and that does work albeit I cannot see any sign of Office 2007.

I can see how the code works in functionality terms but the whole idea of your software is to provide a consistent GUI. Any ideas. ? I am really confused now !

Cheers

Boris

VS 2005-2008-2010-2013
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2009 at 1:50am
Hi,

Sorry, Its all we can do for .NET  :(
.NET objects can't be located on ActiveX windows.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Boris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2009 at 8:49am
Hi Oleg,

I'm not sure I understand your reply.... I am not trying to locate a .Net control on Activex windows/controls. Have I misunderstood ?

Regards
Boris

VS 2005-2008-2010-2013
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic