Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THANK YOU, CODEJOCK! Everyone join in...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrancois Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THANK YOU, CODEJOCK! Everyone join in...
    Posted: 03 June 2008 at 12:29pm
I just wanted to express my deep and sincere gratitude to the Codejock team for producing products that us devoted VB6 programmers (yes...some of us are REAL programmers, not hobbyists like Microsoft likes to suggest) can still make extensive use of.

Because of your products alone, I can foresee myself continuing to develop my apps written in VB6 for a long time without having to port them over to newer platforms simply to be able to take advantage of advances in UI design and functionality.  This is so important because the mere notion of migrating larger, entreprise-scale applications to newer platforms is very often quite cost-prohibitive and time-consuming.  With an ability to drop these controls into existing source code and wholla!, being able to take advantage of the latest and greatest in user interface design is a blessing that I can't describe in words.  While everyone else has abandoned us, "us" being those of us who I believe to still be a viable and productive population of software developers still using VB6, Codejock has stayed around and fulfilled all our wants, needs and desires tirelessly with no end in sight.  I hope you all at CJ are reaping the benefits handsomely. ;)

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Programming in VB6 is the way I make my livelihood and feed my family and I am happy to still feel supported by a powerhouse in the industry.  And as soon as I am ready to adopt newer technology, I'll remain loyal and stay with Codejock for your products in those offerings (despite more fierce competition in those areas).  For right now, however, THAT is what I would actually consider a hobby, while VB6 continues to be the necessity and primary source of employment/revenue.  I'm just so glad and grateful to Codejock that I can still have fun doing it!

Teddy F.
A Loyal Customer

P.S.: How is the design-time RibbonUI designer coming along?  I would love to offer my services as a alpha/beta-tester if an opportunity arises.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2008 at 2:18pm
:) Thanks

Open issues in issuetrack, I will attach first alpha version to get some suggestions :)
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 1:58pm
Hi Teddy,

Funny you should post this, I was just thinking of doing a similar thing. I think it is great that CJ is still producing high-quality ActiveX components too. I believe that there is still life left in VB, and I'm glad that CJ sees that too.

So, I second the thanks, and hope that CJ can continue to support the platform for a long time!
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

Agent 007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agent 007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 2:30pm
Yes,  thanks allot
There are 11 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who know binary and make stupid jokes about it.
tfrancois View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrancois Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 3:02pm
Oleg,

Do you know when/where you will attach the alpha?  I can't wait...LOL.

Ted.
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by oleg oleg wrote:

Open issues in issuetrack, I will attach first alpha version to get some suggestions :)
chrisABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 9:39am
I agree with your posting.  I discovered CodeJock for the first time a few days ago and was stunned by the Suite Pro evaluation I downloaded -- everything I tried worked better than I expected.  I did not find any bugs (which is unusual for me). So I purchased it today.

I have been developing applications in VB6 for years and intend to do so for the future.  Suite Pro will give my products a new lease of life.

Thank you CodeJock team.  (and of course my customers will think it is all my own work )
Chris (Manchester, UK) -- www.abc6.co.uk ---- Using CodeJock ActiveX Suite 13.1.0 with Windows8, VB6 SP6
joolz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 5:43pm
Yup..... same here

We write and sell a highend Engineering app all over the World that costs $$$$ per copy....... Its all VB6 (with a bit of OpenGL)

We are right on the limit with VB6 and were/are considering a move to .NET or C++

The MAJOR issue for us at the moment is supporting customers in Japan and China....IE converting or app to Chinese etc

The standard VB controls basically don't support unicode so we were forced into a major rework (or so we thought)

We have had the CJ stuff for a while but TBH only used it for a couple of 'fly out' tabs..... I was delighted to find a couple of days ago that there are a whole bunch of controls that are unicode compliant and I have spent 2 days reworking our app and its almost done.

There is NO WAY we could have done this in such a short time by moving to .NET etc

So A BIG THANKS to CJ from us too

We will move away from VB6 (primarilly to support 64bit) but at least it will be on our terms.... It will also cost us $$$$$ when we do :-(

So, yes, we too make a living from 'good ol' VB6

Julian

PS Hi Chris .... UK here too (Loughborough)
yair-edsoft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yair-edsoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 6:04pm

Same Here ,

Thank You For your controls.

you enable us to do application witch look better than the ones in .NET.

Me and 2000 Users are thank you a lot.

Yair

E.d.Soft

yair
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic