Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to add button to TabWorkspace?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to add button to TabWorkspace?
    Posted: 29 April 2008 at 6:08am

As you all likely know, I've been working on a web browser. and it's going to feature tabbed browsing. Also, the application is MDI based, and I use child windows as "Browsers". Now, I've gotten quite familiar with the tabworkspace, But, I'm needing some urgent help with two problems.

My first problem, is I'd like to add a button to the tabworkspace bar, maybe a "Add tab" button or so. Problem is, I have NO IDEA how I would go about doing this.
Now, my second problem, would be that, I would like the tabworkspace to only be visible when multiple "Browsers" or child windows are opened. In other words, I'd like for it to be invisible when only 1 or less is open. 2 or more then it should be visible.
Alright, I'd VERY much appreciate whoever can help me with this, and I promise to give credit where it's due when I release my browser. Thanks! 
P.S. I develop using the current version of this product, (Non-BETA), and I use Visual Basic 6.0 Service Pack 6. Hope that helps.
Product: Xtreme Suite Pro (Active-X), Version 15.3.1

Platform: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64Bit) & Windows XP Mode SP3 (32Bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 8:08am
Hello,

We have StylerBrowser application http://www.codejock.com/downloads/samples/utilities.asp  that can be good start for your browser. But it used C++ code.
With ActiveX version there is no way to add additional button.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 8:25am
Thanks Oleg.  That's a nice sample. I also have full visual studio 2008 since I upgraded to vista,  Any way to do it .NET?

shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 8:31am
By the way Oleg, You didn't answer my other problem, Is there a way to hide the workspace when only one childwindow is open?

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 8:58am
Hi,

1. No, this sampes use our MFC version of library.
another Explorer wrapper that use our MFC version is http://www.maxthon.com/

2. You can try call ShowTabWorkspace(True/False) in _Load form and _Unload of Document Form. Think will work.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 9:03am
Yeah, I figured it would be similar to that, But how do I make it to where it would only hide the workspacebar when there's only one? How can I make it "know" wether or not it's just one?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic