Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

addicons commandbars method

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muldoon96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: addicons commandbars method
    Posted: 15 April 2008 at 11:28am
Hi

I am using CodeJock 11.1.3 with Progress 10.1 B. I have an ImageManager and a CommandBarFrames in my design window, and I am trying to get the CommandBarsFrame to use the icons in the ImageManager:

chcommandbar.commandbarsframe.icons.addicons (chimagemanager.imagemanager.icons)

but I get the error 'invalid component handle referenced while processing method/statement: addicons'

It works fine if I simply do this:

chcommandbar.commandbarsframe.icons = chimagemanager.imagemanager.icons

I am just a bit concerned doing it this way as I cannot find anything in the CodeJock documentation that says you can simply set one to equal the other - the documentation says use 'addicons' which doesn't seem to work for me.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 11:53am
Hi,
Yes its "official" method to assign icons :)
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
muldoon96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muldoon96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 11:57am
Sorry Oleg, I'm not quite clear - you are saying that they way I am doing it is correct, and the 'addicons' method should not be used ?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 12:13pm
Yes, your method is correct. 'addicons' will not work because by default CommandBarsframe.Icons returns Null.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
muldoon96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muldoon96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 12:22pm
Thanks Oleg.  Can I ask you two more questions on this please? 

I am actually adding icons to a Shortcutbar control and then setting my CommandbarsFrame icons by doing this:

chcommandbar.commandbarsframe.icons = chshortcutbar.shortcutbar.icons

Would it be better to add the icons to an ImageManager control and then set both the ShortCutBar and the CommandbarsFrame to use the icons there, as below, or does it not really matter?

chshortcutbar.shortcutbar.icons = chimagemanager.imagemanager.icons

chcommandbar.commandbarsframe.icons = chimagemanager.imagemanager.icons

The second question is to do with ImageManagerIcons.loadbitmap.  I am actually loading .png files and it seems to work, but the documentation says you must load .bmp files.  Is the documentation out-of-date ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic