Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ComboBox Item Selection Methods

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minimum fuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ComboBox Item Selection Methods
    Posted: 02 November 2007 at 7:07am
In the report control, when a combobox dropdown list is displayed, it is possible to navigate through the options using the cursor keys. However, it does not seem possible to select the currently highlighted item by pressing the return key. The only method of selecting an item is by using the mouse.

Is it possible to select combobox items from a dropdown list using only the keyboard?
Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2007 at 3:07pm
In my Version 11.2.0 it's work fine.
I can open the dropdown by ALT-CursorDown, select with the cursorkeys and with enter, the item is selected and the list is closed.
minimum fuss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minimum fuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2007 at 3:51am
Baldur, thanks for your help. I can't recreate exactly what you suggested - although it did allow me to discover that pressing Alt and either the up or down cursor selected the item from the drop down list - which is enough for my needs at the moment.

I'm also using Version 11.2.0, so not sure why the difference. Thanks again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic