Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rendering Calendar Control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edtacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rendering Calendar Control
    Posted: 02 July 2007 at 2:41am
Dear All,

I am currently using the Calendar control in an existing VB 6 app.
I have a desire to graph or overlay box like controls to form a chart like application that shows transaction counts in a given day view for a given schedule.

While it may  be posisble with API calls and managing each cell I can see no obvious hook for doing this ?

Any ideas ?

cheers
edt
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2007 at 4:29pm
Hi,

Run a loop for all days in your chart, and call RetrieveDayEvents for each day. It will give you numbers and statistics...

--
WBR,
Serge
edtacey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edtacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2007 at 6:01pm

Thanks Serge ,

After reading my original post I can see I need to calrify the requirement better.

What I have is a set of staff resources / schedules in the day view of which I am trying to determine a roster.   This is for a reatil point of Sale scheduling system where the user scheduling resources needs to be able to graph by 15 minute intervals instore cash register activity along side the staff roster scheduiles to ensure labour cost and customer service are evenly balanced.

I am aimng to achive this by dedicating  one schedule inside the Calendar to display some cash register metrics in each time cell.

This I have done before with the report control where for a given report cell I have custom drawn a number of colored boxes to graphically identify metrics relating to that row. In that case I the control raises an event called draw_item for each cell and provides me the facility to then draw some images in the cell.

Looking to do the same or the calendar ?

Any thoughts ?

sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2007 at 5:34am
For now custom draw inside appointments is not supported yet.

However, there is a possibility to add custom icons for each of them in the Office 2007 theme. See our VB sample for more details.

You also can add icons bigger then in the sample. The size is not limited, but icon is drawn only if event cell has enough space.

--
WBR,
Serge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic