Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Read from Outlook...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karthiksp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Read from Outlook...
    Posted: 25 June 2007 at 3:28pm
Hi,

I am using calendar control to setup appoinments and to do other tasks via XML.

My client request is to read the Outlook tasks and to show in our application calendar. His concern is when he updates a task that is reading from Outlook, he want to update that information in Outlook database.

So that when we travel, he can have his calendar handy without running our customized application.

I know how to read the Outlook Calendar to Calendar control. My question to you all is as follows.

1. How to use 2 data sources one is XML created through application and other one is outlook.dat in the same calendar control.

2. When user edits a task that is created in Outlook, how can the application update the information in Outlook calendar.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Karthik
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2007 at 5:10pm
1. One can create 2 columns/resources: one for XML data provider and another for MAPI data provider.

2. The MAPI data provider updates MAPI storage when an event(appointment) is changed/added/deleted.

--
WBR,
Serge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic