Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Save Method Not Saving

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hildegoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Save Method Not Saving
    Posted: 23 May 2007 at 5:09pm
I currently have the calendar control working on a VB.NET front-end with a SQL Server 2000 back end (custom data provider). Since I'm still having speed issues with it, I thought I'd try it with an Access back-end instead and use built-in data provider code.

It looks like it works properly (i.e. the events in my .mdb populate into the calendar), but when I call CalendarControl.DataProvider.Save() the data doesn't save back to the source database.

I've modified an event and stepped through the code.  The EventChanged event fires, but I then do the Save call and nothing happens, not even an error.

I'm able to write to the mdb because I run an OLEDBCommand to update the ModifiedDate in the Event table (a field I added) during the EventChanged event, so it doesn't seem to be a permissions issue. Do you have any ideas of what could be going on?
hildegoat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hildegoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 11:49am
I think I've figured it out. I removed my added fields from the Event table and it seems to work. It seems like the built-in data provider code doesn't like a modified table and just refuses to commit data without an error.
hildegoat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hildegoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 12:55pm
Okay, I was somewhat wrong with my diagnosis. It turns out that the AllowZeroLength property of the text fields in the Event table were set to No and I my code to build the event puts empty strings in a few fields. If I set the AllowZeroLength to Yes, my saving works. I added my custom fields back in, and the table still works, so it wasn't my custom fields that were causing the problem.

So I should still be able to add my own fields to the tables, which keeps my database (relatively) simple.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic