Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Popup Menu Repaint Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cgaskill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Popup Menu Repaint Issue
    Posted: 08 June 2006 at 8:29pm
I am having a problem where the popup menu from TrackPopupMenu is not repainting after it closes.

Before

After

We are a regular DLL that lives inside of a Tab in a much larger application that calls into us via API calls.  We create an CXTPFrameWnd as a child window and all our code is built on top of all that.  Our CXTPFrameWnd starts with the Blue Gradient Caption bar, includes the CXTPToolBar and the CXTPReportControl.

Is there some windows message I need to be handling?  The odd thing is that if you click back in the ReportControl the menu disappears with no repaint issue.  However, if you click outside our component (on the green "Cardiovacular" caption bar) then we get the repaint issue.

06/12 Update

Not sure if anyone is looking at or interested in this but here I go.  If I trace through the CodeJock code and us Spy++ here is what I get.  The interesting thing is right after the TrackPopupMenu call there is no repaint issue.  It looks as I want it to look.  Using Spy++ the next message the window gets is WM_CONTEXTMENU followed by WM_IDLEUPDATECMDUI messages.  This popup menu ends up covering another window (derived from CXTPPropertyGrid and managed by CXTPPaneManager)...using Spy++ on this window it's next message after the popup menu goes away is WM_IDLEUPDATECMDUI and up until then it looks okay.  So one would think that WM_IDLEUPDATECMDUI is what is causing my problem but it doesn't make sense to me.

Any ideas out there?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic