Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drag & Drop event

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Franco Prudente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drag & Drop event
    Posted: 01 December 2006 at 6:41am
Hi,
I don't understand how use the "EnableDragDrop" method.
I want only handle the drop event in the control, but I don't know how do this.

Thanks.
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2006 at 4:42pm
Take a look at a regular VB ReportSample application, form frmDragDrop.

Let me simply quote a couple of comments from there:

'The DragRecords method is used to prepare records to be dropped into the Report Control.
        'DragRecords accepts a ReportRecords collection created by CreateRecords.  Any records that
        'have been prepared using DragRecords will be added to the Report when the items are dropped
        'into the Report Control.  Typically DragRecords would be used in the MouseMove event of the
        'control from which items are being dragged.  The Report Control will automatically add the
        'new records to the report once they have been dropped.
        '
        'Below, the Records collection is filled with a record that corresponds to each item that is
        'currently selected in the List Control.  If the items are dropped into the Report Control, then
        'all records contained in the Records collection will be added to the report.
        '
        'Now Data.GetFormat(cfRecords) will return True as some Records have been added to the clipboard
        wndReport.DragRecords Records

'The DropRecords event occurs when records are dropped into a Report Control, and provides a
'ReportRecords collection containing all of the records that will be dropped into the Report Control.
'This gives the opportunity to modify the ReportRecords collection before they are actually added
'to the Report Control.
Private Sub wndReport_DropRecords(ByVal Records As XtremeReportControl.IReportRecords)
    Debug.Print "Drop Records. Records.Count = " & Records.Count
End Sub

--
WBR,
Serge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic