Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drag & Drop problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drag & Drop problem
    Posted: 29 November 2006 at 7:55pm
Hi,

The drag and drop support for the Report Control is based on a MOVE logic where records are removed from your report control after being dropped onto another control.

How do you COPY using drag and drop? I can add them to the 2nd report control but records are by default removed from the 1st report control when the drop occurs and there is no event where I can intercept the delete and cancel it.

For example if I drag the records from the report grid and put them on the Recycle bin on the desktop they will be removed the report control and there is no event to intercept this action and say "dont delete" or to update the database to record that the records have been trashed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2006 at 3:28pm
Well, a regular behavior is to hold Ctrl button when dragging in order to COPY instead of MOVE... Have you tried it?

--
WBR,
Serge
Maui View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2006 at 7:07pm
Hi Serge,

Thanks for your comments but I dont think you have understood my question.

Although I asked about copying what I really wanted to know was how to intercept the move/copy event and cancel it.

If I open the Report grid sample and run it and open the drag and drop form I can drag an item from the report control and drop it on the Recycle Bin on my desktop.  This has the effect of removing the item from the Report Control.

In my application I have two report controls with items populated from a database. I want those items to be in one list or the other and I am trying to provide the interface of dragging the items from one list to the other.

However, if the item is dragged to the recycle bin it is removed from the list and I dont know about it and this causes problems.

sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2006 at 6:10am
Looks like this is not possible until we enhance the control...

Will let you know when it will be available...

--
WBR,
Serge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic