Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Toolkit Pro, Suite Pro 17.0.0 Beta 3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex G. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toolkit Pro, Suite Pro 17.0.0 Beta 3
    Posted: 19 September 2015 at 6:26am
Hello,

Thank you for the new Beta3.

But I have found problems in some vcxproj files.

I couldn't build the ToolkitPro solution successfully.

Neither with VS_2013 or VS_2015.

The reason: incorrect includes.

PropertyGrid_vc140.vcxproj
ShortcutBar_vc140.vcxproj
FlatCombo_vc140.vcxproj
Button_vc140.vcxproj
TaskPanel_vc140.vcxproj
TrackControl_vc140.vcxproj
RibbonSample_vc140.vcxproj
CommandBarControls_vc140.vcxproj
CalendarDemo_vc140.vcxproj
ReportSample_vc140.vcxproj

Include="..\..\..\Source\Styles\VisualStudio2015vc140.dll">

I have replaced them with

Include="..\..\..\Source\Styles\VisualStudio2015.dll">

and now the mentioned projects are also building.

One more thing SkinSDISample cause the build to abort. It's a different problem, which I couldn't solve so far ( it's your job ... )

I'm wondering how errors like these could pass the QA ??

Don't you use clean VM installations to test a successful build of all solutions and samples ?

Besides that, the release looks good to me ( so far ).

Alex

www.ankhor.com
ANKHOR Software GmbH
Experience the future of visual data processing
Marco1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marco1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2015 at 12:19pm
I had no problem building beta3 (v17.0.0.092115) from scratch with VS 2015, not using the deploy wizard.

First impression: WOW! v17 is really getting final!

Found two little things:
There are a lot of
d:\visual studio\projects\xtreme toolkitpro v17.0.0.092115\source\markup\xtpmarkupbuilder.cpp(1126) : atlTraceGeneral - No Error
d:\visual studio\projects\xtreme toolkitpro v17.0.0.092115\source\markup\xtpmarkupbuilder.cpp(1126) : atlTraceGeneral - No Error
warnings while running our app, which is annoying.

And our old problem class: The tree view control. When using larger icons, the lines of the second level are not centered to the icon size. See here:

Please try to fix in final version.

Regards,
Marco

bigred9678 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bigred9678 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2015 at 1:49pm
I'm noticing in both Beta 2 and still in Beta 3 that with the Flow Graph at least, mouse clicks are "sticking." You can see this occurring in the Flow Graph Sample program. When selecting a node or connection, sometimes the selected item will starting moving as if its being dragged even though the mouse button is not being held down.
Algae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2015 at 2:02pm
re: tree control

Note also that the line dashes do not extend to the edge of the item icon as they should. I noticed this in Beta 2 as well.

wrong
-- []
right
---[]
astoyan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astoyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2015 at 11:22pm
Thanks for reporting all this.
The issue with VisualStudio2015vc140.dll unfortunately has been introduced right before releasing beta 2 and noticed and fixed right after it was released.
The annoying 'atlTraceGeneral - No Error' has  been fixed too.

Regards,
  Alexander
olebed View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote olebed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2015 at 9:18am
Hello bigred9678,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'm glad to inform you that the issue with stuck Node in FlowGraph  has been addressed and fixed.

Regards,
 Olexandr Lebed
Marco1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marco1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2016 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Marco1 Marco1 wrote:

The tree view control. When using larger icons, the lines of the second level are not centered to the icon size. See here:

Please try to fix in final version.

This is still NOT fixed in v17 final!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic