Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progress Software - INFO: StartTime / EndTime

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LluisGerard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Progress Software - INFO: StartTime / EndTime
    Posted: 15 June 2010 at 5:19am
Hello,

We are developing a TV grid and it looks nice but we can't get the hour in Progress.

The code below is working and is able to modify the date and the hour but, if we do a StartTime display we can't get the hour, we can only get the date:

vhForat = phCalendar:ActiveView:HitTest().
vhForat = phCalendar:DataProvider:GetEvent(wiEvent).

vhForat:StartTime = string(vtDate, "99/99/99":U) + " ":U + string(pcHourIni, "XX:XX:XX":U).
vhForat:Endtime   = string(vtDate, "99/99/99":U) + " ":U + string(pcHourEnd, "XX:XX:XX":U).

And now if we do:
Message vhForat:StartTime view-as alert-box.

We get only the date.

When we create each event, we add a property data with it's hour:
vhForat:CustomProperties:Property("HourIni") = pcHourIni.

That works fine when the user is not interacting directly with the OCX but we still have problems because we can't know the new hour when a user modifies it interacting with the event.

Anybody knows a way to get the StartTime and the Endtime entirely in Progress.

Thanks,

LluisGerard
LluisGerard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LluisGerard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 7:09am
We tried to get the date value using various Progress methods, like RAW, MEMPTR,... But nothing works, maybe we just need to call codejock for a new feature, to separate the date and the hour, something like StartTime.Hour and StartTime.Date.
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 9:07am
It will work with progress, there are many customers who use it with progress.  Write to support and I'll attach a sample.
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 1:28pm
Check this Old PowerBuilder project, be sure to read the read-me docs (2 files) -
https://forum.codejock.com/uploads/DemoVersion/PowerBuilderCalendarDemo.rar

delete old ocx from forms and insert new one and assign same names as before for simplicity.
LluisGerard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LluisGerard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 4:47am

I can't open this project you attached me, but thanks.

I can't understand why we can't get the hour, because it is not a VB date, is a character return, isn't ?

We do:
Message vhEvent:StartTime view-as alert-box.

And we get:
"06/28/2010".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic