Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Multiple Command Bars on Form with Docking Panes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Multiple Command Bars on Form with Docking Panes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multiple Command Bars on Form with Docking Panes
    Posted: 08 June 2010 at 4:44am

I am having great difficulty adding multiple command bars to a form to create a visual studio style interface.  A form that contains two docked side panes.  Each pane has its own command bar (docked at the top)

I originally approached this by using forms for the docking panes which worked but caused me a number of issues, one pressing enter in a command bar text control (on the docking pane) caused events to be fired in the main form (eg key up on a report control).  It was as like all forms where actively receiving events at the same time.  Two I couldn’t tab between the controls.

After reading a number of posts I switched to using picture boxes instead of forms for the docking panes.  This now behaves how I want it to.  Now I have the problem of re-implementing the command bars, docked at the top of each pane.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can achieve this?

I cannot attach an individual command bar to a picture box as it appears that the AttachToWindow Sub is only available on the collection of command bars and is not available for each command bar.

I tried adding multiple command bar controls to the form but this caused them to stop working.

Has anyone managed to add more than one command bar control to a form?  If so, how?

Sorry for the long winded post.   Thanks in advance.

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 1:05pm
Hi,

Just add Commandbars to every Picturebox.

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic