Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MDI Child menus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TobiasWeltner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MDI Child menus
    Posted: 12 January 2005 at 3:37am

Which would be the recommended way for an MDI child menu to add specific own menus into the app main Menu bar?

I am working on an MDI app that supports a number of different child doc types, each with specific menu additions.

Of course, the child form could just add new Commands by code. However, is there an easier way? I don't want to tamper with the menu each time the user toggles Child doc.

Also: when I save the current menu design to disk, it would also include all MDI child menus currently visible, and reloading the persisted settings would recreate them even if no child doc is open.

Am I missing something? Any suggestions? Maybe I just don't understand the recommended mechanism for this. Thanx!

Edited by TobiasWeltner
TobiasWeltner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TobiasWeltner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2005 at 7:14am

One additional question:

Is it possible to load MDI Child forms from external DLLs?

I need a way to separate MDI Childs from the main app, and the controls I used to use do not work with CodeJock (app completely disappears and terminates unexpectedly when I try).

I suspect there is a conflict in hooks. So if CodeJock handles MDI internally, it should also be responsible for processing forms loaded from external dlls, right?

TobiasWeltner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TobiasWeltner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2005 at 1:42am
solved, thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic