Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fixed rows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dailyblog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fixed rows
    Posted: 03 August 2010 at 9:46am
1.can i add more than one fixed rows or columns?
2.can RC supports frozen rows or columns? 
3.after i got grouped record,how to use filtertext property?

SHAN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 1:31pm
Hi,

You can  Set Freeze Column  Like this in your Code

Reportcolumn1.AutoColumnSizing = False
  Reportcolumn1.FreezeColumnsCount = 2

Check this Sample for freeze and Filter text

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows 7 Professional
Language: Visual Basic 6.0
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 1:56pm
Hi,

Q: can i add more than one fixed rows or columns?
A: The columnheader only supports one "row" and you are able to create one "fixed" column

Q: can RC supports frozen rows or columns? 
A: Define "frozen" rows/columns (I don't know what you mean...) 

Q: after i got grouped record,how to use filtertext property?
A: Just assign value to .FilterText and RC will only show only the records which contains the .FilterText string, also with grouped records.

Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2

Zero replies is not an option....
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Aaron Aaron wrote:

and you are able to create one "fixed" column

How?

Codejock support
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by ABuenger ABuenger wrote:

Originally posted by Aaron Aaron wrote:

and you are able to create one "fixed" column

How?

Well, I had to check Helpfile because of your reply. I thought it would be fixed but I believe it's not entirely "fixed"...  I looked up the possibilities but after checking these functions I have to say you are right.  

• CreateRowNumberColumn creates a row number column.  This column will contain the row number in it.  The number will correspond to the rows before any grouping and sorting are applied.  Note that this column is not sortable.
  • CreateIconViewColumn is used to create a separate icon column that is separate from the other columns in the report.  This icon column will remain hidden until IconView is used to display the icon column.  All normal columns are hidden when the icon column is displayed, you need to use IconView to display either the icon column or the normal columns, you can't display both at the same time. 
@dailyblog: I will get back to you as soon as I install VB again, I think there's a way but I have to check it myself...  

ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 2:57pm
I've tried to use the ReportControl as a grid for a while, but without success.

Codejock support
dailyblog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dailyblog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 8:52am
hi,i just want to get effect as below:

Head of the table includes 2 rows.

im sorry for my poor english. i meant "freeze rows or columns" instead of "frozen",as SHAN described.

i hope RC will take the place of Vsflexgrid to meet my requirements.
thank you all.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2010 at 10:26am
Hi,

Creating columnheader like you want isn't possible with current version. If you really need this I guess you stick with what you have...

Maybe there is a possibility to create this but it's going to be difficult, that's for sure. I'm thinking about using Markup for creating the columnheader (visual aspect isn't going to be problem, that's the easy part) But that means when you use Markup for the header, you have to use Markup for the ReportItems as well (in order to add / resize the three "subitems") If your report contains a lot a records it's it will be slightly slower than with ordinary text. It can be done but it is not going to be easy...

Maybe there's another option...
Using AllowMergeCells property (MergePreviousCells and MergePreviousVerticalCells) for ReportItems and (I don't know if this works) use Markup for creating your own header with ReportItems. This way you can have a column for every item.

As I said before, if you really need this you can try, but is not going to be easy.    

Good luck

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic