Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DockingPane Sticker Style

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DockingPane Sticker Style
    Posted: 05 October 2021 at 7:12am
What is the correct way to change the style/colors of the docking windows stickers?
I'm using the Office2016.DLL for theming.
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (20.3.0)
Platform: Windows 10 (x64)
Language: Visual Studio 2017 (C++)
Pesci7 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pesci7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2021 at 7:37am
With latest release (20.1.0) stickers are rendered as xaml icons that are stored inside style dll.

I think that SetDockingContextStickerStyle is there for compatibility but it is no more used with Office themes.

The color of stickers xaml elements can be changed modifying for example Office2016WordWhite.ini.
There is a specific section inside [TabClient.Stickers.Xaml].
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (22.1.0)
Platform: Windows 11 (x64)
Language: Visual Studio 2022 (C++)
cpede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2021 at 1:00pm
Yes, I noticed that. I also tried to alter some of the colors to see if they changed after recompiling the Office2016.dll, without success.

But there some strange inconsistencies.

First of all the section in the ini file is referring to TabClient and not the Docking windows, but maybe this is the same now after introducing the tear-off tabs??

I also noticed that the xaml vector drawings of the stickers are in a zip file in the Office2016.dll resources?

And it looks like the names referred to in the xaml does not match the names in the ini file?

Also the same xaml files are represented in the Docking Window resources. But with different names (I expect changing it here it will work).

I also noticed in the MDITab sample provided, no sticker are displayed when tearing of the tabs, really strange?

So, what is the correct way?
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (20.3.0)
Platform: Windows 10 (x64)
Language: Visual Studio 2017 (C++)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic