Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Docking CommandBar hides StatusBar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawshank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Docking CommandBar hides StatusBar
    Posted: 08 February 2006 at 11:44am
I have a StatusBar docked along the bottom of my app. When I create a Toolbar and dock it along the bottom it hides the StatusBar. Should the Toolbar not "know" the presence of the StatusBar and dock just above it? If not, how does one keep from having the ToolBar obscure the StatusBar? I do not see a way to set a Top property of the Toolbar.
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2006 at 2:11pm
Why not use the Codejock StatusBar?

If for some reason you don't like the Codejock StatusBar

Private Sub CommandBars_GetClientBordersWidth(Left As Long, Top As Long, Right As Long, Bottom As Long)
   If sbStatusBar.Visible Then
        Bottom = sbStatusBar.Height
    End If
End Sub

Shawshank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawshank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2006 at 3:47pm
I like the CodeJock StatusBar just fine --that is what I am using. Yet, the CommandBar docks right over the StatusBar hiding it from view.
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2006 at 7:19am
I'm not sure, it should be automatic.  I assume it is the order in which you add it.  Be sure to add the StatusBar after all CommandBars have been created.  Look at the StatusBar sample to see the proper order.  You will see not additional code is needed to tell the CommandBars where the StatusBar is.
Shawshank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawshank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2006 at 11:44am

Ah, that was it. I was initializing the StatusBar first. Once I followed your advice it worked fine.

Thxs!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic