Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Different tooltip to explain the split button menu
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Different tooltip to explain the split button menu

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Different tooltip to explain the split button menu
    Posted: 20 November 2009 at 3:54pm
"For split buttons, use a different tooltip to explain the split button menu."
Haven't seen this in your samples, so I'm wondering if it's even possible with 13.2.1.

I want my ribbon applications to follow Microsoft guidelines, and here it seems CJ fails. Looking at the code, I sense this one could be tricky to implement. Or maybe it's already implemented? Do tell!
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 5:15am
Hi,

Again its not "requare" - but "suggested".
A lot of split items in word that don't have additional tooltip.
You can override CXTPControlPopup and its OnToolHitTest method.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 3:53pm
We wanted this too.

As Oleg says,

You can override CXTPControlPopup and its OnToolHitTest method.

But how do you get all the CJ code to create your class? For instance, when one calls LoadMenu, will CJ create your class or their own? When I stepped thru the CJ code, I found the hard-coded calls to create their class:

case xtpControlButtonPopup:

CXTPControlPopup* pControlPopup = (CXTPControlPopup*)CXTPControlPopup::CreateObject();

I never figured out a way to cause CJ to use my runtime class such as I can do when I create my subclassed ribbon using the command bars Add method where I pass in the runtime class name.

I ended up having to copy a lot of code just to change the class that is created.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic