Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deploy Wizard - Release Candidate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deploy Wizard - Release Candidate
    Posted: 15 December 2015 at 9:50am
I am using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 on Windows 10 and testing with the Toolkit Pro, Suite Pro 17.0.0 Release Candidate. I installed the release and when the Deploy Wizard started, it got to the panel that asked for the Visual Studio version, all of the options were greyed out and none could be selected.

It appeared to be using a different deploy wizard then it did for the beta 3 I tested a couple of weeks ago.

Another thing I observed was in Beta 3, the Deploy Wizard was 810KB in size and its icon had a blue color screen. On the Release Candidate, the Deploy Wizard is 386KB and its icon had a green screen.
Kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2015 at 1:46pm
I uninstalled all versions of Codejock Software, and tried installing again. It got to the Deploy Wizard and all projects were grayed out. I even deleted all items in the registry and tried again. Same thing. No matter what I try, all the projects in the Deploy Wizard are greyed out. As I stated before, it worked with the Beta 3, but since then it always fails.
Marco1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marco1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2015 at 6:31am
Got problems with the wizard, too. Says it can't find the installation sources. Anyway, don't mess with it.
I just loaded the sources in Visual Studio and did a batch build. No problem.

Kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2015 at 9:02am
Its not going to be a problem with me either if Codejock does not fix the Deploy Wizard pretty soon. I will just stick with the 1640 release and not renew my subscription.
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2015 at 4:28pm
Building without the deployment tool is better anyway, as you can configure multiprocessor compilation. Much, much faster build times.

- Mark R.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic