Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CXTPDockingPaneLayout* array

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CXTPDockingPaneLayout* array
    Posted: 19 February 2011 at 8:29am
I have an application that allows the user to create unique multiple docking pane layouts (workspaces) and then access them using a tab control.

e.g. CArray<CXTPDockingPaneLayout*, CXTPDockingPaneLayout*> m_workspace;

is used to store pointers to different layouts created by the user so they can be displayed when the corresponding workspace tab is selected.

Each pane is communicating with the outside world and must continue to do so even when not displayed by the currently selected workspace.

Because my application is throwing errors I'm told that before switching to another workspace, I need to close all panes in the current workspace which is not possible since each pane (visible or not) needs to continue processing data.

So should I therefore assume that multiple docking pane layouts cannot exist simultaneously?
dalai View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 12:02pm
its ok Array<CXTPDockingPaneLayout*, CXTPDockingPaneLayout*> m_workspace is supported I just misunderstood. Its something like ...

m_paneManager.GetLayout(m_layout1); //creates a copy in m_layout1 of whatever panes are currently visible.

m_paneManager.SetLayout(m_layout2); //sets the layout in pane manager to m_layout2 but any existing pane pointers are now invalid.

need to also manage child windows.
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic