Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Custom Calendar Fields in Access?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keimpe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom Calendar Fields in Access?
    Posted: 27 August 2008 at 4:44am
Dear all,

I'm very impressed by Codejocks Calendar ActiveX control and wish to incorporate it in my Access (2007) database/program.

However, I have the need for extra fields to be used in Calendar appointments, but I can't figure out how to go about this.

There seems to be a fixed table, called "Event" where all the appointments are stored. If I add fields to this table, I can't add them to the appointment form -> this form also seems to pick up hard-coded fields from the Event table.

Are there any guru's here that can shed their ligths on this?

Thanks!
Keimpe Wiersma

AndreiM View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndreiM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2008 at 2:10pm
Hi,
There is a CustomProperties collection where you can add aditional appointment properties.

They are stored in a single field "CustomProperies"  as string in XML format and you will not have access to them using DB features (via SQL for example).

But I have one idea... if you need only read these fields values using SQL:
You may add your DB fields to Events table. On the dialog fill Event.CustomProperties.
Catch notifications EventAdded/EventChanged and copy your fields values from custom properties to your DB fields.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic