Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - compilation compatibility issue- Dependency Walker
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

compilation compatibility issue- Dependency Walker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krzysiek1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: compilation compatibility issue- Dependency Walker
    Posted: 31 August 2022 at 8:01pm
Hello, I have been trying to track the problem in the application for a week. compiled in windows 10 and 11 works on these systems. I have a problem with running it on some windows 7 and 8 but they work on some. when I compiled it in the IDE under win7 it worked for some reason. I thought it was a bug in the code but the form closes before the code at startup. that is, components. i compared and the ocx are the same. but the other version is of MSVBVM60.DLL.
I checked the dependency walker. does anyone have any suggestions?

the logs on the first image are exe not working and the second ones are working. info generated by dependency walker during file execution (profiling)
from the moment the differences begin:
this exe is not ok
and this exe is ok

up to the point marked with a red line, the logs of both are identical. from the moment flexgrid is loaded (ocx being part of ms comon controls), in the second picture, the logs start to differ. the second continues, and the exe from the first image will close shortly after the c ++ exception. I will add that the first exe is compiled in windows10 64 bit and the second one under windows7 32bit. the one compiled under w7 works under windows 10, 11, 8 and 7, while compiled under w10 it only works under w10 and 11.

both have Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Service Pack 6 installed
it's the same project compiled on 2 machines.

in the IDE, the controls in the components are identical. executable files also use data placed in files in the same folder as the exe file. by putting an exe from win 10 there, the project doesn't work, and by putting an exe from win7 there, it does. this happens under windows 7 and 8. both work under windows 10. the compiled project is the same, with no code changes

I couldn't manually find the differences so I used Dependency Walker which checks dependencies. Above, in the logs images, I found a moment when the same project starts working differently. I can't interpret it
can you help?

IDE is ms vb6
codejock components used are:
Codejock.CommandBars.v19.3.0.ocx
Codejock.ChartControl.v19.3.0.ocx
Codejock.Calendar.v15.1.3.ocx

problem occured after adding
Codejock.Controls.v20.3.0.ocx

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic