Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Changing ressources

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changing ressources
    Posted: 03 April 2007 at 11:48am

Hello

I have a calendar filled with a lot of events (in memory database) and multiple schedules (e.g. peoples and rooms). To change the set of schedules I reload the calendar with the new setup of resources/schedules and the same collection of events (e.g. only rooms). That works fine - but it is very slow.

I thougt it must be possible to delete all resources and create a new set of resources with the events allready saved in the data provider. But I can't figure it out how to retrieve all events and set it to the newly createt resources. Cal.DataProvider.GetAllEventsRaw.Count was always 0.

Can anybody give me a hint (an outline of the needed steps was very welcome)!!!

Thanks
Fabian
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.3

Platform: Windows 7 (32bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 / SP6
cybeh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cybeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 8:20pm
Looking for this solution too. :)
Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 11:04am
Really no idea?

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.3

Platform: Windows 7 (32bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 / SP6
cybeh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cybeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 1:10pm
I requested technical support from codejock but still no reply yet.
Rod001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2007 at 1:51pm
Has this question been resolved
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2007 at 4:33pm
Sure it is

The actual problem comes from the fact that by default data provider 'lives' in first resource. When this resource is deleted - data provider is closed (all evens are removed).

So, as a solution you have to use CalendarResourcesManager. It allows handling of data providers and resources separately.

Once you create CalendarResourcesManager and add memory DataProvider there (using empty connection string), a data provider will 'live' in ResourcesManager. You can add events there and so on.

Than you can start with creating/deleting resources attached to this data provider. You can create all resources once and than just enable/disable them when you need. See our VB Sample for details.

To show all events (single resource mode) - add a resource with empty ScheduleIDs collection.

--
WBR,
Serge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic