Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CAnimateCtrl-avi color problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CAnimateCtrl-avi color problem
    Posted: 15 November 2009 at 6:43pm
I have a .avi file that is loaded into a CAnimateCtrl and embedded into a Codejock command bar.  When displayed on systems with 32 bit color display selected, everything works ok.  However when the display is set to a 16 bit medium color display, the background of the avi display is white instead of its normal black background.  I tried using the same .avi file in the Codejock sample (CommonControls) and get the same result.

The strange thing is if I double click on the .avi file in the Microsoft explorer,  it is displayed by the QuickTime player correctly.  The QuickTime movie inspector option shows the .avi to be 25x25 with 256 colors.  Also, if I run this on a Windows Me system set to 16 bit color mode, it displays on that system ok.  I have included the .avi file below. 

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2009 at 2:01pm

Seems problems like this has been around for some time.  The solution was to override WM_CTLCOLOR and return the correct background color for the animation.  I got the clue in the following:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic