Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bad autohide popup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad autohide popup
    Posted: 11 January 2008 at 5:16am
Hi,

i checked your DynamicPopus sample application and in my application i used your code for displaying another form object as a popup (in your case it is picturebox with two checkboxes).

For my app, i used also picturebox, but i put there combobox. It contains lots of datas. When i click commandbar button, it shows this popus correctly.

When combo's button is clicked, it drops list of values there. This list's height is bigger than height of that picturebox i used for displaying popup.

When im moving in that dropped list of combo, its ok, until i wont use mouse. Clicking on slider, which part is outside of popup control causes closing popup, but combo is still visible.

I would like to have popup showed until i click on close button that is also on that popup control (like in your sample). Is that possible ?

Thanx

Peter
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2008 at 6:59am
Hi,

I tried doing the same with popups but I noticed as long the popup has focus, the popup is shown. I think mouse events aren't properly handled when the popup has the focus. Sometimes when scrolling the combo items the popup disappears and only the combobox will be visible??? The same thing will happen when using the colorpicker and maybe more controls???.

If you are going to use the combobox in the popup you could resize the popup to the same height as the combobox dropdown height. In this case the mousepointer won't leave the popup area.

It would be great when this feature would work properly, but it doesn't, at least not for me. And if we are doing something wrong we would like support, Right? Maybe you can rewrite your code and use a commandbar for this and use seperate buttons for each option . I did the same and this working properly, at least until now.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic