Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AutoLoadPlacement bug

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelsoriasanagustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AutoLoadPlacement bug
    Posted: 06 February 2023 at 2:17am
Hi.

AutoLoadPlacement does not detect second monitors, the screen is always displayed on the primary monitor.
mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2023 at 2:45am
Hi;

We have the same problem!
When the application is first opened on the (right) secondary monitor and then a dialog is displayed, the dialog appears on the (left) primary monitor. If we then move the dialog to the secondary monitor, close the application, reopen it, and move the application back to the primary monitor, the dialog does not appear at all.
I assume that it is then displayed on an 'imaginary' monitor to the left of the primary monitor.
How can this be fixed?
Martin

Product: Xtreme Toolkit v 19.0.0, new Projects v 19.1.0
Platform: Windows 10 v 1909 (64bit)
Language: VC++ 2017
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2023 at 12:01am
What version of XTP are you both running? I'm using AutoLoadPlacement as well, but don't have this problem.
mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2023 at 1:53am
In my case I tested it with versions 19.1, 19.3, 20.3 and 22.0.
Martin

Product: Xtreme Toolkit v 19.0.0, new Projects v 19.1.0
Platform: Windows 10 v 1909 (64bit)
Language: VC++ 2017
angelsoriasanagustin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelsoriasanagustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2023 at 2:13am
Hi

I'm using v22
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2023 at 3:04am
Sorry, I was mistaken.

I am actually using LoadWindowPlacement and SaveWindowPlacement to implement my own AutoLoadPlacement method (rather than calling the one in XTP). Which would explain why my apps aren't running into this problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic