Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SQL Server Provider

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hildegoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SQL Server Provider
    Posted: 30 November 2006 at 5:37pm
Hi,

I've downloaded the evaluation version of the calendar software and it looks like were close to purchasing a license for it.  The problem is that we do our development in VB.NET (2005) and SQL Server 2000. The VB.NET calendar sample does not show how to connect the calendar to SQL Server tables.

I've looked at the C# example that includes the SQL Server customer provider classes (providerSQLServer.cs and SQLDataHelper.cs). Is there some way I could get the custom SQL provider source code so that it would work for the VB.NET sample? Or is there someway to use that C# provider code in the VB.NET sample?

I'm admittedly new to using third-party components (and fairly new to VS.NET in general), so please bear with me if I tend to sound like a newbie.

Thanks!

-Matt
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2006 at 5:02pm
Hi Matt,

Actually C# and VB.NET are so similar that you can simply convert both those classes using something like http://authors.aspalliance.com/aldotnet/examples/translate.aspx and use the converted code. For example, try adding it into a regular VB.NET sample...

--
WBR,
Serge
hildegoat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hildegoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2006 at 5:34pm
Thanks. I'll give that a try.
shady14u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shady14u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2007 at 7:57pm
Did you every get this resolved? I am trying to do the same thing... Any Assistance would be great.
hildegoat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hildegoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 2:09pm
I basically did what sserge suggested. I took the SQLServerProvider code from the C# sample, used an online converter to turn it into VB and put it in as a separate module in my VB.NET project.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic