Forum Description: Topics Related to Codejock Toolkit Pro
URL: http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=23609
Printed Date: 18 March 2024 at 10:10pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Support issues
Posted By: Kenneth
Subject: Support issues
Date Posted: 13 March 2018 at 1:19pm
Many people including myself cannot get assistance with codejock software!

Replies:
Posted By: olebed
Date Posted: 14 March 2018 at 7:15am
Hello Kenneth,

Last several weeks we concentrate on our inside tasks. If you don't get help this doesn't mean that other also don't get help.

Solution of issues and answering on questions take a lot of time if they not clear. For me better spend time for 10 clear tasks and get even 50/50 results instead of spend whole day to trying reproduce some one not clear task without any results and satisfaction.

So everyone can help developers by representing clear description with screenshots, code snippets and ideally sample application.

Also everyone can help to other users on this forum to save time of codejock team.

Regards,
 Oleksandr Lebed

Date Posted: 14 March 2018 at 5:28pm
Oleksandr

I agree with you that it's a difficult problem, but the answer is not to ignore the request for assistance.

When I download the 18.x.x version(s), I get to the point where the Deploy Wizard is going to be started, then I get the message "Error locating installation project files, aborting".

What more can I tell you? I must assume you also don't have access to the source code to the Deploy Wizard, since I have seen quite a few people with the same problem, and your answer is "You can compile yourself".

Then what's the Deploy Wizard for? Why can't we get the reasons that the Deploy Wizard fails? Is there no one that knows?

Date Posted: 14 March 2018 at 6:23pm
Hello Kenneth,

I have access to DeployWizard source code. I see where error message raised and I can suppose what conditions work and not. So my questions to you are based on algorithm of DeployWizard. But I don't see that everyone have problems with deploy. It can be some specific state of environment.

Some customers report that DeployWizard from old version works with v18.3 :-) Try this solution and write results here.

Regards,
 Oleksandr Lebed

Date Posted: 15 March 2018 at 3:15pm
When I try a Deploy Wizard from a release earlier then 18xx, it will only work on the release it was designed for. That is if I select one from 16xx it will only work on 16xx code. That is what I tried before to make sure my VC6 scripts and compiler worked with releases for 16xx and 17xx. I have not been able to get any 18.x releases to work.

Can you tell me what conditions will cause the Deploy Wizard to abort with the error message "Error locating installation project files, aborting". Then I can test each one until I find the one that is causing my system to fail.

Date Posted: 20 March 2018 at 1:02pm
Hello Kenneth,

Can you share your Virtual Machine Win10+VC6  where I can reproduce this issue ?
Write link to download (FTP will be good) in private messages or create support ticket  and write it's #  here.

So I will fix and rebuild DeployWizard for you.

Regards,
 Oleksandr Lebed

Date Posted: 20 March 2018 at 1:26pm
Our machines are behind a AT&T Firewall that servers multiple business clients and is not available to outside access. However if you have the software that resides in a Internet Browser that enables you to take control of my machine via the browser, we can do that.

Is there no way we can get a list of conditions that case the message I referenced? I am getting the feeling that message is a catch all for all errors that can happen. Is that true?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net