Forum Description: Topics related to Codejock Visual C++ MFC products
URL: http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=14256
Printed Date: 15 May 2024 at 7:36am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: CXTThemeManager Error
Posted By: Cheerios
Subject: CXTThemeManager Error
Date Posted: 09 May 2009 at 10:14am
When exiting my application at run-time, I'm getting an error associated with the CXTThemeManager.  I actually never reference the XTThemeManager/XTThemeManager in any of the application code, so I'm not really sure how to resolve the issue.

The error only occurs on exit if I activate a CXTPPropertySheet dialog containing tabs during application run-time.  It crashes on the check ASSERT(m_factoryList.m_pHead == 0) on line 325 of XTThemeManager.cpp.

The call stack up to the error is below:

>EdgeWise.exe!CXTThemeManager::~CXTThemeManager()  Line 325 + 0x21 bytes    C++
      >EdgeWise.exe!CXTThemeManager::`scalar deleting destructor'()  + 0x2b bytes    C++
      >EdgeWise.exe!CProcessLocalObject::~CProcessLocalObject()  Line 480 + 0x28 bytes    C++
      >EdgeWise.exe!CProcessLocal<CXTThemeManager>::~CProcessLocal<CXTThemeManager>()  + 0x2b bytes    C++
      >EdgeWise.exe!`dynamic atexit destructor for 'CXTThemeManager::m_sThemeManager''()  + 0x28 bytes    C++
      >EdgeWise.exe!doexit(int code=0, int quick=0, int retcaller=0)  Line 591    C
      >EdgeWise.exe!exit(int code=0)  Line 412 + 0xd bytes    C

I'd appreciate any insight into this problem.

Thanks!

-------------
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro 2009 (13.0.0)
Platform: Windows Vista (64bit) - SP 1 (running CodeJock and program in 32bit mode)
Language: Visual C++ 2008

Replies:
Posted By: Oleg
Date Posted: 11 May 2009 at 1:17am
Hi,

This ASSERT means you have some non destroyed object. Check maybe you create one with "new" and don't delete it.

-------------
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS

Date Posted: 11 May 2009 at 4:27am
Hi Oleg,

Thanks for your response.  I'm having a really hard time tracking down this bug.  I do create the tab dialog by way of a "new".  I tried your suggestion of deleting it versus merely destroying the window, but if I try to delete it, I get a heap free error instead.

One thing...I recently had to add a manifest condition to my stdafx.h file for any of the theme settings to take effect.  It was after this that I started getting this error.  Could this be the problem?  I did have a reference to include the afxcmn.h file (if necessary) in the stdafx.h file, but that wasn't working, so I added in the manifest part and that worked.  Just in case this might be the problem, I've included the stdafx.h includes and pragma comments that I'm using below:

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#ifndef _AFX_NO_AFXCMN_SUPPORT
#include <afxcmn.h>         // MFC support for Windows Common Controls
#endif // _AFX_NO_AFXCMN_SUPPORT

#if (_MSC_VER > 1310)   // VS2005
#if defined _M_IX86
#pragma comment(linker,"/manifestdependency:\"type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' processorArchitecture='x86' publicKeyToken='6595b64144ccf1df' language='*'\"")
#elif defined _M_IA64
#pragma comment(linker,"/manifestdependency:\"type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' processorArchitecture='ia64' publicKeyToken='6595b64144ccf1df' language='*'\"")
#elif defined _M_X64
#pragma comment(linker,"/manifestdependency:\"type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' processorArchitecture='amd64' publicKeyToken='6595b64144ccf1df' language='*'\"")
#else
#pragma comment(linker,"/manifestdependency:\"type='win32' name='Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls' version='6.0.0.0' processorArchitecture='*' publicKeyToken='6595b64144ccf1df' language='*'\"")
#endif
#endif

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for all of your help!

-------------
Platform: Windows Vista (64bit) - SP 1 (running CodeJock and program in 32bit mode)

Date Posted: 11 May 2009 at 2:29pm
I actually tracked down a solution -- not a pretty one, but a solution nonetheless!  Like you mentioned, Oleg, I do need to delete the tab dialog since I initialized it with a "new".  Since the dialog is modeless, the only place I could track down to delete it is in its own OnDestroy() method.  At the very end, I just added in the line "delete this;" .  I'm sure there is a much more elegant way to do this, but this works for now.

Thanks!

-------------

Posted By: Oleg
Date Posted: 12 May 2009 at 2:10am
Hi,
Best place to delete self is PostNcDestroy method

void CYourWnd::PostNcDestroy()
{
 delete this;
}

-------------
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS

Date Posted: 12 May 2009 at 10:22am
Works like a charm...Thanks!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net