Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Null argument exception with TabWorkspace in C#
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Null argument exception with TabWorkspace in C#

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Null argument exception with TabWorkspace in C#
    Posted: 22 December 2010 at 4:59pm
I am trying to use the CodeJock controls in a C# application.  When I try to set the TabWorkspace.IgnoreFlickersOnActivate property, it crashes with a null argument exception.  TabWorkspace is null.  How can I create it?  Also, in some cases the .Options property is null, but not in other cases.  What's going on here?
Brian Justice
Senior Developer Corepoint Health.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2010 at 9:03am
Hi,

Do you call CommandBars.SetMDIClient ?
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
bjust View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2010 at 11:33am
Calling SetMDIClient fixed the problem where the .TabWorkspace property was null on the MDI container.  However, I still have the problem on the MDI child windows where the .Options property - and others - are null.  Calling SetMDIClient didn't help.
Brian Justice
bjust View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2010 at 10:23am
I figured out what the problem was.  I read some other forum articles and discovered that I need to initialize the control after setting the MDIParent property, not before.  It works now.
Brian Justice
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic