Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Localization for Color Selector tooltips?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sstar9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Localization for Color Selector tooltips?
    Posted: 20 October 2006 at 2:48am

In my Application, I have used the Color Selector as Pop-up toolbar and I have also used CXTColorPicker controls in my dialog-based application.  In the Color selector, there are some CodeJock built-in strings, e.g. the tooltip strings of each color in the color selector.  How could I localize these built-in strings in my application?

In my localized software, I have tried to set the Resource language to other languages, e.g. German. However, I noticed the built-in string does not change automatically, i.e. the color selector's tooltip strings still remain as English.  I have also noticed that in my following CodeJock folders

..\MFC\Xtreme Controls 2006 Q3\Source\Controls\res
         ..\MFC\Xtreme CommandBars 2006 Q3\Source\CommandBars\res

, there are actually localized resource for the built-in CodeJock strings.  What do I need to do to make my color selector localized to the specified language?

Sharing makes life better
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 4:57am
Hello,

What code you use to set german language ?
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Sstar9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sstar9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 5:52am
Hello, Oleg,

I modify the Resouce language through "Project Settings".

After openning my MFC 6.0 workspace, I goes to "Project" menu -> "Settings". In the "Project Settings" dialog, under "Resouces" tab,  there is "Language" combo box. I changed the language from "English (United States)" to "German (Germany)". That is all I did to change Resource Language.  I did not directly edit the .rc file.  Should the above procedures be sufficient? Or is there any more things I should do to localize the build-in CodeJock strings?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 10:10am

Hi,

this will not change toolkit resources.

1. you must build dll with langauge you need. Go to Workspace\Resources folder and build german resource.

2. you need to load dll with resource
XTPResourceManager()->SetResourceFile(pathtodllfile);
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Sstar9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sstar9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2006 at 3:53am
Originally posted by oleg oleg wrote:

XTPResourceManager()->SetResourceFile(pathtodllfile);

Hello, Oleg,

In my program, I used both XTControls library and XTCommandBars library. Therefore I have to 2 German Resource DLLs, one for the XTCommandBars library and one for the  XTControls library.  

Would it be feasible to use your suggested method to set CodeJock strings for both Resouce DLLs.

In my App, I have tried the following according to your suggestion 

BOOL MyApp::InitInstance()
{
      //Set XTCommandBar Library
      XTPResourceManager()->SetResourceFile(  _T(strLibPath+"CommandBars.ResourceDe.dll") );

//Set XTControls Library
       XTPResourceManager()->SetResourceFile(  _T(strLibPath+"Controls.ResourceDe.dll") );     

}

int MyApp::ExitInstance()
{
    XTPResourceManager()->Close();

return CWinApp::ExitInstance();
}

, and I found the above code does not work. the strings for CXTColorDialog and CXTColorPicker objects remain as English.  The tooltips for CXTPControlColorSelector object (in a drop-down color menu)  is gone.

But if I choose not to set the Control library's resource in the InitInistance() function, at least, I could see the tooltips for my CXTPControlColorSelector object change to German. 

So do you have any suggestions if I want strings for CXTColorDialog and CXTColorPicker and CXTPControlColorSelector objects all changed to German or another non-English language?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic