Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cjstyles and msstyles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote origos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cjstyles and msstyles
    Posted: 28 March 2008 at 3:33am
I downloaded third party styles from the links recomended on Codejock web site and changed the path in the SkinControls sample project to point to the new styles. The style is not applied to the controls.
I even tried with the luna.msstyles in Windows\Resouces\Themes folder and no, it wasn't loaded either.
If have browsed the forum looking for the correct way to apply styles not included with Codejock, but I couldn't find what am I doing wrong.
Sorry to bother you with this, probably is a very silly thing I have omitted, but I don't know what else to try.
Please help.
Thanks!

Enjoy life. Everything is OK...
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2008 at 7:04am
Hi,

Did you try our samples ?
Did they work for you ?
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
origos View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote origos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2008 at 7:50am
Yes.
Thanks for answering.
I finally found out what I was missing: the name of the ini file inside the msstyles dll. I was changing the dll but didn't know that "NormalBlue.ini" is not in Windows XP Luna.msstyles.
I replaced that name with a zero lenght string and now it is working pretty cool!
How can I know the name of the ini files inside the dll?
Thanks again!
EJZ

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2008 at 11:33am
Can always open them in SkinBulder

Or you could use EnumerateSkinFile to determine all available ini files in the dll. But here are the styles available.

Office2007.cjstyles:
   -NORMALAQUA.INI
   -NORMALBLUE.INI

Vista.cjstyles:
   -NORMALBLACK.INI
   -NORMALBLUE.INI
   -NORMALSILVER.INI

WinXP.Luna.cjstyles:
   -EXTRALARGEBLUE.INI
   -EXTRALARGEHOMESTEAD.INI
   -EXTRALARGEMETALLIC.INI
   -LARGEBLUE.INI
   -LARGEHOMESTEAD.INI
   -LARGEMETALLIC.INI
   -NORMALBLUE.INI
   -NORMALHOMESTEAD.INI
   -NORMALMETALLIC.INI

WinXP.Royale.cjstyles:
   -EXTRALARGEFONTSROYALE.INI
   -LARGEFONTSROYALE.INI
   -NORMALROYALE.INI
origos View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote origos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 6:03am
I googled SkinBuilder and it took me to SkinCrafter SkinBuilder.
Is this the right one?

Back to the Skin Controls Codejock sample project, one of the option buttons for skin selection is "System". When this option is selected the controls revert to "No skin" - SkinFramework.LoadSkin "", ""
I would like to change that so when my users select "System" the current Windows Theme is used (I use VB6 and XP, so "no skin" is not very pleasant :)
How can I do that?
How can I know what theme the user has selected for his Windows system and the path (and ini) for that msstyle file?
Would it be the same procedure in XP and Vista environments?

Thanks guys!
And thanks Codejock for supporting VB6 users and continue to improve their ActiveX products. Most other parties already stop developing for ActiveX.

corpcon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corpcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2008 at 3:48pm

Originally posted by SuperMario SuperMario wrote:

Can always open them in SkinBulder

Or you could use EnumerateSkinFile to determine all available ini files in the dll. But here are the styles available.

Office2007.cjstyles:
   -NORMALAQUA.INI
   -NORMALBLUE.INI

Vista.cjstyles:
   -NORMALBLACK.INI
   -NORMALBLUE.INI
   -NORMALSILVER.INI

WinXP.Luna.cjstyles:
   -EXTRALARGEBLUE.INI
   -EXTRALARGEHOMESTEAD.INI
   -EXTRALARGEMETALLIC.INI
   -LARGEBLUE.INI
   -LARGEHOMESTEAD.INI
   -LARGEMETALLIC.INI
   -NORMALBLUE.INI
   -NORMALHOMESTEAD.INI
   -NORMALMETALLIC.INI

WinXP.Royale.cjstyles:
   -EXTRALARGEFONTSROYALE.INI
   -LARGEFONTSROYALE.INI
   -NORMALROYALE.INI

Just for clarification...

There's no way that controls, such as the Codejock TabControl, can replicate colors such as the Office2007 aqua, or the Vista Black or Silver, like it can the Office2007 blue ... Correct?

At present, I'm resolved to just use Default in those instances. Any chance that the range of colors for these basic styles will be increased?
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 1:39am
Originally posted by origos origos wrote:

I googled SkinBuilder and it took me to SkinCrafter SkinBuilder.
Is this the right one?

Back to the Skin Controls Codejock sample project, one of the option buttons for skin selection is "System". When this option is selected the controls revert to "No skin" - SkinFramework.LoadSkin "", ""
I would like to change that so when my users select "System" the current Windows Theme is used (I use VB6 and XP, so "no skin" is not very pleasant :)
How can I do that?
How can I know what theme the user has selected for his Windows system and the path (and ini) for that msstyle file?
Would it be the same procedure in XP and Vista environments?

Thanks guys!
And thanks Codejock for supporting VB6 users and continue to improve their ActiveX products. Most other parties already stop developing for ActiveX.

No, We include our own skinbuilder in v12 Beta
origos View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote origos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 4:19am
Is there an easy way to know what theme has the user selected in Windows (XP and Vista) and the path to that msstyle?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic