Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOLVED: SaveState DockingPanes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOLVED: SaveState DockingPanes
    Posted: 25 February 2008 at 3:19am
Hi,

I have a great deal of panes (lets say 15 to 25) in my app. Some will be created at runtime but most of them will be created at startup. Everytime the Savestate is called the settings of the panes will be stored in the registry, this is great, isn't it?

But... After a few runs (see note) I checked the registry and found that there where about 200 pane settings. I thought DockingPaneManager keeps record of the panes??? Is there something I am missing here?

Note: I have to say during runtime the panes will be docked (tabs), pinned and closed as the user wants to arrange the panes to his/her needs.

Thanks in advance
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 2:22pm
Hi,
I recommend create all panes in startup and close some while you don't need them.

if you create pane and close it will not be destroyed.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 6:23am
Oleg,

So you suggest I don't use the LoadState / SaveState function :)

I do create the panes at startup and the ones which the user didn't need (in previous run) are closed and the panes created on the fly are destroyed when program exits. So how can it be that the registry is growing? The amount of panes are exact the same as before.

Maybe I have an explanation (if I am wrong, please tell me).

When panes are docked in a tabwindowpane, DockingPane creates a pane for the panes I add to the tabwindowpane. The panes which will be in that created tabwindowpane will be lost (only the connection in the registry) and SaveState will add a Key for that created pane and the added panes.

I don't mind if you would use more than one sentence to explain what really happens. I think I'm not alone who wants to know more about this. If I'm the only one then it's time to get another job

Thanks in advance    
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 3:27pm
Hi,
I don't suggest don't use LoadState / SaveState.  But you must be careful with Create new panes in runtime/close them. If you don't need them in future call DestroyPane method before Save layout. Check in registry first panes with Type = 0. Count of these panes must be same as Panes you have. all other are virtual containers that hold your panes.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic