Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zorder falls to the back when pinning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote screamitus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zorder falls to the back when pinning
    Posted: 18 February 2008 at 4:52pm
I know this must have been talked about before but I frankly can't find a reference to it in this search engine.

I have a fairly simple VB6 app that has runtime generated panes on top. When the user "pins" one of the panes so it doesn't roll back up and so user can float the window, the window form of that pane falls behind the rest of the app in the zorder. I've tried everything to solve this. A ref to another post is perfectly fine if this has been resolved previously. thx
Fred Scream
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 1:20am
Hi,

Will be great if you attach small sample to show problem.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
screamitus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote screamitus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 11:20am
Oleg, I'll be out of town for a few days but I'll post some code when I return. I was thinking this is a common issue and had a quick fix but I'll post code if needed. Thx
Fred Scream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote screamitus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 6:19pm

Sorry for the scribbled data. I had to hide for HIPAA. The right window behind is the one in a pane that I just pinned. It falls behind the main window controls (which are not in a pane but directly on the form).

Fred Scream
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 1:20am
Hi,

Catch ResizeClient event of DockingPanes and move your Client window accordingly.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote screamitus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 11:07am
Doesn't do it. I SetFocus, ZOrder, even set a control on the form focus and it still ends up behind the host form's controls. Besides, the ResizeClient seems a bit ineffitient because I'll need to iterate through the forms to see which one I'm trying to pin up (There is no pane object that is raised with the ResizeClient). It seems to me the PaneActionPinned Action should be the one to catch this but that event never fires at all. Odd. Thanks for helping me throught this.
Fred Scream
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 11:51am
Be sure you are doing this:

http://codejock.com/support/articles/com/dockingpane/dp_3.asp

And try using CommandBars Resize event instead.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic